This coming November we are in for a real treat because two skilled, talented and knowledgeable people are co-presenting an exploration into Embodied Self Awareness. Having recently participated in a workshop by Mark Walsh, Holly and Tristan Kobayashi are sharing their learnings.
I am very excited and enthused to have Holly and Tristan teaching this embodied yoga. Here is Holly explaining what this Trance Cafe is all about.
“In this workshop we will be gaining embodied self-awareness – understanding our attitudes, personality and lifestyles via kinaesthetic knowledge.
We will use the body to physically experience themes such as ‘letting go; being strong; applying effort’ to discover how you react to each and what this tells you about yourself.
It is based on Mark Walsh’s Emboddied Yoga, which he states is:
- “a mindfulness based, psychologically deep, rational Western approach
- an individually adapted, social, self-directed educational and creative approach
- an emphasis on insight into how you are leading your life and practical ways to change that through the body
- transferable skills for life (not a short holiday from life that actually supports unhealthy patterns by making them tolerable)
- integration of emotions, language, social interaction and technology (rather than pretending feelings, other people and the modern world, don’t exist)”
(Please wear comfortable clothes that you can move easily in. This is suitable for everyone, as all physical postures can be adapted.)
(text taken from http://integrationtraining.co.uk/blog/2015/03/embodied-yoga-aka-life-leadership-yoga-by-mark-walsh.html):”
Facilitators : Holly & Tristan Kobayashi
Entry Level : Open To All
Places are limited to 24 so book in advance to guarantee your place
Wednesday November 4th
Come join in and explore in a warm, comfortable purpose built training environment.
The Newcastle NLP and Hypnotherapy Practice Group, The Trance Cafe meets at
St Oswalds, Coleman Education Centre, Regent Avenue, Regent Centre, Gosforth. NE3 1EE
tea / coffee & biscuits included
7-9pm for only £10.00 book online now!